Acupuncture is an ancient system of healing where stimulating certain areas of the skin affects the functioning of specific organs and tissues. Disease is simply the normal functioning of the body gone awry with the disruption of the smooth flow of energy (Qi) in one or more channels. The cause of this disturbance can be due to one or more factors such as physical injury, emotions, poor diet or overwork.
The appropriate stimulation of specific points with ultra-fine needles on these channels effectively regains the balanced flow of this healing energy. Consequently this relieves pain and restores health.
Powerful, effective and safe
In the West, Acupuncture has been misleadingly publicised as being good only for specific conditions for example, pain or weight loss. In fact, due to its power to stimulate our own healing response, it is effective for a wide variety of conditions. This overall therapeutic effect is one of its great strengths.
Areas that Acupuncture can help:
- Muscles and joints: back pain, knee and hip pain, frozen shoulder, joint pains, arthritis and rheumatism
- Nervous system: anxiety, depression, stress, emotional crisis, general tiredness & insomnia. Also headaches, migraines, neuralgic pain, tinnitus, dizziness and
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Digestive system: ulcers, IBS, colitis, constipation, diarrhoea, indigestion and heartburn.
- Circulatory system: high blood pressure, poor circulation, palpitations.
Respiratory system: bronchitis, asthma, sinusitis, hayfever and the common cold.
- Urinary system: irritable bladder, cystitis and prostate problems.
- Reproductive system: PMS, menopausal symptoms, menstrual problems & infertility issues.
- Immune system: chronic fatigue syndrome, allergies and intolerances.
Skin: eczema, psoriasis, urticaria and shingles.
The above list is not exhaustive and if you do not see your condition listed, please contact Daren by phoning 07722 608 425 or click here to discuss your needs.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has an extensive list of clinical trials supporting the effectiveness of acupuncture treatment. Furthermore, acupuncture is highly effective as a preventative measure in maintaining good health.
Acupuncture can be used alongside conventional medicine, and for example research has shown that acupuncture may increase the success rate in IVF treatment.
High quality, pre-sterilised, single-use and disposable needles are used to avoid any risk of infection. This clinic is registered with Hart District Council and meets local hygiene bylaws.
Daren is a fully qualified traditional acupuncturist and a full member of The British Acupuncture Council, a registering body for professional acupuncturists in the UK. The Council has prepared a microsite introducing acupuncture and testimonial videos at: